University of Ballarat awarded 5 Stars for "Teaching Quality" by the Good Universities guide in 2010 and 2011 for consecutive years.
Higher education is the single most important contributor to success in life. Students are investing more and more to get qualified from an international university, but few are getting the opportunity to enter an international university. Students can obtain Australian University Degrees in Four Years after O/Ls.
The Dream of every student and parent is to study directly in a Degree programme, but due to a number of constraints they are unable to fulfil the dream. University of Ballarat Sri Lanka Study Centre (UBSL) will offer a chance to enrol directly into the University Foundation, Degree and postgraduate programmes. University of Ballarat is the only university in the state of Victoria in Australia to be awarded 5 Stars for "Teaching Quality" by the Good Universities guide in 2010 and 2011 for consecutive years.
Foundation programmes are designed to equip international students with skills and capabilities to become eligible for entry into the higher education programmes in Australia. The students can gain a direct entry pathway to a first year degree study or equivalent.
The advantages of the University of Ballarat Foundation Programme are:
1. It is already accredited by the Australian Government and is on the University's scope
2. Its core units and electives (exceeding 400 nominal hours) are designed for students going on to further study
3. The core units and prescribed electives would satisfy the requirements of the EAP (English) component of International Foundation Programmes (and even exceed the minimum standards on a range of levels).
4.The total number of weekly scheduled course contact hours (EAP hours combined with the streamed subjects) would equate to 25 hours/week (or 990 nominal hours over the year), well above the minimum 720 hours for International Foundation Programmes, but not excessive from a pedagogical perspective.
5. The programme would run for up to 40 weeks a year. It would also have the required scheduled term/semester breaks as per the National Foundation Standards.
6. The units (ICT, Maths, Business, Marketing, Management, Economics) were identified and approved by the experts in the Higher Education Destination Schools (Heads) and the TAFE Business & IT Services School Heads, as comparable in standard to an Australian year 12 subject curriculum, thereby qualifying students for entry into first year undergraduate study in the Bachelor of Business and/or Bachelor of IT.
7. There would be minimum standards for entry into the programme, including minimum standards around English Language proficiency and academic requirements around Australian year 11 or overseas equivalent (including specific to Sri Lankan students).
Decide whether you want to become a University of Ballarat MBA by 2016 or an ordinary Graduate by 2017?
The Foundation course to be offered by University of Ballarat at its Sri Lanka Study Centre complies with the requirements of the Foundation courses envisaged by the relevant Australian authorities. It is the most economical Australian University Foundation programme being delivered in Sri Lanka. It is the best value for the money spent. It offers direct entry to the University Degree programme. The student can save precious time of almost one year as compared to going through the regular "A" level studies.
University of Ballarat
Sri Lanka study Centre
Habitat House,113, Dutugemunu Street,
Hotline - 0772722390