The October 2009 BCS Professional Examinations in IT are coming up, and ESOFT is proud of the fact that we are fielding more than 600 candidates for this exam sitting alone. This number is especially important considering that there are Seven (Registered) Course Providers in the country, and the balance (approx 20% - 25%) of students are dividing among all of the other course providers.
There are a number of reasons for the overwhelming confidence that the students have shown in us. Among these are:
Officials of the BCS and Dr. Dayan Rajapakse (CEO - ESOFT) along with the students that brought honour and recognition to Sri Lanka by winning 10 out of 11 World and Sri Lankan prizes on offer.
1. ESOFT is the one and only Course Provider in the World to be Accredited by the BCS in the UK for delivering all three levels of their Professional Qualification. No other institution can claim such a feat.
2. With roots going back to the year 2000, ESOFT is headed by a dynamic team of academics who are constantly on the lookout for great opportunities to be presented to our valuable students.
3. There are certain course providers who offer the programme without even a valid registration with the BCS and therefore are not bound by any regulations. They can therefore start and stop the programme anytime they wish thereby affecting your continuity. ESOFT has been offering the BCS programme ever since the year 2000 in a consistent manner, and we offer all three levels of the programme without any interruptions. This is the level of our commitment.
4. The Learning experience at ESOFT is unique as students receive specially prepared text books for most modules, and have access to our dedicated full time academic panel and other valuable resources.
5. We supplement our Academic Panel with external lecturers from the industry, thereby giving a fine balance of Academic Knowledge together with Practical know-how.
6. Our students stole the show at the last convocation by walking away with ten out of eleven prizes including five World Prizes. This was the best ever performance by our students at a single convocation.
7. We offer the BCS programme at our Branches in Colombo, Kandy, Kurunegala, Matara, Jaffna, and Batticaloa thereby providing better accessibility. Parents and students would indeed be making a wise choice by selecting ESOFT as their learning partner for BCS.
BCS Certificate classes are started on a regular basis and, and students and professionals that have other certifications, qualifications, and / or experience can obtain exemptions and enter into the other levels of the BCS Professional Exams as well. BCS is proving to be the most popular foreign IT qualification in Sri Lanka and ESOFT is proud to be at the pinnacle of this. New Certificate, Diploma, and PGD classes have been scheduled for commencement in the coming weeks, and students have already started to register even whilst getting ready for their exams for the previous levels.
Taking into consideration the current economic situation that some have to face, we have understood our responsibilities and have decided to invoke our Corporate Social Responsibility. Therefore, we are offering our students a "Pre Exam Registration Offer" for registrations for the upcoming Diploma and PGD Levels where they will receive attractive discounts.
BCS is a favoured choice of many students as well as professionals due to the following reasons:
1. BCS is the fastest path to obtain a UK Degree Level Qualification - namely, the three levels of the qualification can be completed within 18 to 20 months which is half of the time that you would invest in a Degree Programme.
2. BCS is the most economical option - the total investment including course fees, textbooks, examination fees is approximately Rs. 225,000
3. The BCS Qualification is modular and students can choose the order in which they complete it. Some students do either the Certificate and Diploma levels in one sitting or the Diploma and PGD levels in one sitting, thereby reducing the time to complete the entire programme.
4. There are two examination sittings per year - April and October. This considerably enhances your opportunity to complete the qualification at your earliest.
5. Classes at ESOFT are held in part time mode on the weekends either only on Saturday and only on Sunday, and also on weekdays in the evenings after 5.45 pm. Fulltime classes are also available for those that would like to receive additional value through our popular BCS Plus programme.
6. At any given time, we have ten or more batches of the BCS Certificate Level classes, and three or more batches for the Diploma and PGD levels, thereby increasing your chances of finding a class that matches your schedule. Students are given the flexibility of choosing their classes / subjects from different batches to suit their busy schedules.
7. We have established links with Institutions in the UK thereby allowing a student that completes the BCS Diploma level here with us to proceed to the UK to complete the final year of a B.Sc (Hons) Degree in Computing at an affordable fee. Students can then obtain a two year working visa with the potential of earning back many times their investment.
8. ESOFT has established a separate company (ESOFT Education International Pvt Ltd) to better facilitate the international placement options that are provided to our students and customers via universities in the UK and Australia. This will be of immense benefit to our students as they will be guided in selecting the best programmes from world recognized Universities, whilst helping them to save on their course fees. Several International Scholarship opportunities will also be available from the Universities themselves.
One of the reasons for the success of ESOFT students is the unmatched quality of the resources that we offer. ESOFT has a dedicated full-time academic panel including those with Degrees and Masters, as well as professional qualifications.
Students also have unlimited access to our state of the art computer laboratory with more than 50 workstations as well as high speed Internet Connectivity and Library facilities.
More information about the courses that we offer can be obtained by calling our Student Counsellors on 077 309 9 301 or by visiting our website at www.esoft.lk