The Bachelor of Science (Honours) programme has been designed for School Leavers to meet the growing demand across the region in the fields of two major thrust areas of the business namely Business Management and Human Resources Management.
National Institute of Business Management
National Institute of Business Management provides management training, education and consultancy services for the public and private sector Institutions and for School Leavers. It was first established in 1968 under the purview of the Ministry of Industries and Scientific Affairs in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme, and with International Labour Organisation (ILO) functioning as the Executing Agency. It was subsequently incorporated as the National Institute of Business Management on 1st June 1976 by an Act of Parliament namely the National Institute of Business Management Law No. 23 of 1976. This has been subsequently amended by Act No. 29 of 1991. Presently NIBM is functioning as a statutory body under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Skills Development.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF IRELAND, DUBLIN
Founded in 1908, the National University of Ireland (NUI) is a federation of four Irish Universities. The National University of Ireland , Dublin also known as University College Dublin (UCD) has approximately 22,000 students and 2000 staff making it one of the largest in Britain and Ireland. It is fully accredited University with some of the largest schools in Engineering, Law, Medicine and Business.
Since its inception, the NUI, Dublin has established a long and distinguished tradition of service to scholarship and to the community. UCD School of Business is one of the oldest Business Schools in the world. It is the distinction of offering the first MBA in Europe. It is also one of the first elite Schools in the world to earn three prestigious world class accreditations concurrently: AACSB International, EQUIS and AMBA Degree Programmes
- Productivity and Management Development Division of the NIBM offers two degree programmes.
- Bachelor of Science ( Honours) Degree in Management
- Bachelor of Science ( Honours) Degree in Human Resources Management
- Aims and Objectives of the Programme
The Bachelor of Science ( Honours) programme for School Leavers has been designed to meet the growing demand across the region. The objectives include;
- To provide students with a solid conceptual and practical understanding of business and management
- To provide a learning experience in which interactive debate is a key educational components
- To help students develop the necessary technical, knowledge application, communication, team building and leadership skills consistent with the changing needs of modern day businesses and,
- To facilitate lifelong learning and demands for personal development and confidence building