The Governing Council of the Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka has approved the award of 100 Scholarships to students who will be registering for the first time to sit the September 2010 exams. This will enable students who wish to pursue a career in Management Accountancy to commence a career that will lead to a bright future in the Private and Public Sector. This would also provide a career path to those who are employed to progress in their career and get promoted with better prospects.
These scholarships will be awarded through the various CMA approved Educational Institutes spread throughout the country. Those who are doing self study could contact the CMA office directly.
Under the CMA Scholarship scheme the students will be eligible for the following.
- No registration fee
- No Annual Subscriptions for the 1st three years
- The 1st sitting at each exam would be free of charge.
- The study materials for each part would be given free of charge depending on the exam the student will be sitting.
The scholarship granted would be under the following categories:
- Undergraduate students will be awarded the Prof. G. L. Peiris scholarship
- Good performance at the A/L exam would receive the Hon. Bandula Gunawardane Scholarship
- Those employed in private and public sector including the Police and Armed Services would received Late Hon. Kingsley T. Wickramaratne Scholarship
- Graduates and those with other Professional Qualifications would receive the late Hon. Jeyeraj Fernandopulle Scholarship
- Scholarships for needy students will be awarded the "CMA Presidents Scholarship".
It is suggested that students should contact the institute in which they are enrolled for studies or those doing self study could contact Kapila or Shanthi at the CMA office on 2506391/2501062.
All students' applications based on the above criteria should be submitted through the educational institutes to CMA on or before May 31 2010 to be eligible for the Scholarship Award.
The institute will accept applications of those doing self study.
Prof. Lakshman R.Watawala,
CMA Sri Lanka.