The Edexcel Professional Diploma in Teaching offered by Gateway Graduate School is proving to be the most sought-after teacher training course in Sri Lanka. Gateway Graduate School has designed this exciting new teaching course to offer a recognized qualification to all teachers and to improve the standards of teaching in international and private schools throughout Sri Lanka.
The first intake began training in June 2011 and is due to complete the qualification in May 2012. In this short period of time Gateway has had 3 intakes in Colombo and has just begun training their first group of 20 candidates in Kandy. It is intended that the current level 4 course lead on to a level 5 HND and then to a top-up degree course.
David Davies, Edexcel’s Head of Stakeholder Relations, stated that the new course will not only benefit people who are already teaching but also anyone who wishes to make teaching their career. The course is taught by well-qualified and experienced educators, led by Michael Dobson, the Head of the Graduate School.
The Diploma will consist of eleven modules:
- Principles of Teaching and Learning
- Soft Skills for Teachers
- Support and advise learners
- Develop assessment practice
- Manage review and evaluation
- Design learning programmes
- Develop creative approaches to learning
- Develop resources to support learning
- Use ICT to support learning
- Promote independent learning
- Deliver Practical Teaching and Learning