(www.pmicolombo.org), Project Management Institute, Colombo Chapter, Hugo Wisidagama, President.
For the First time in history, Sri Lanka was chosen as the venue for a High level Planning and Update session of the Leadership meeting of the Project Management Institute, Region 11 with approval from the PMI, USA. Western Asian Countries Presidents and Leadership Management Institute Leaders - LIMhad a very special session this year with a fitting theme'learn with sharing the experience".
These types of sessions provide pathways and open doors for PMI regional leaders to gain first hand experience of the opportunity for the future events conducted by PMI,as mentioned by the Region 11Mentor, Mr. Ramam.
He also expressed his total satisfaction with rrangements, hospitality, serenity and also the beauty of the country not to forget the people with a warm welcome to all participants and their family members.
This was an exciting experience for all the foreign participants since it was a first time for several of them in our island; much of the confusion created by the media in their minds were put to rest when they saw the island and its developments. Several expressed notions that they felt the Sri Lankan environment now has transformed to cater for such international events, without any hesitation.
The sessions started with the LIM theme," Learn andshare with Experience" some of the key drives for PMI in thecoming years to serve the members with value addition to the member service initiated by some chapters.
Some of the Unique initiates that
were shared were
- How to attract for better Participation of Members for social events
- Lessons learned from Past year Activities/events
- Focus on Youth awareness on 'Value of Project Management'
- Good Governance Practices across all Chapter activities
- Attract Volunteer Leaders with mutual benefits
- Outreach the Government and Academia for growth
- Networking among the Chapter Peers
Leadership skills enhancement techniques to be practicedamongall directors and Presidents were also discussed as below:
- Conflict Resolution Management to resolve issues among Directors and Office bearers
- Advanced Communication Techniques
- Continuous leadershipdevelopment activities with LIM* Sessions - Leadership institute is the PMI education Arm.
- Professional Networking Developmentwith social media
After the end of the third day's session, all the foreign participants and families took a break to travel towards the central, north central and southernparts of the country to experience the beauty of the Island.
All participants had very good feedback about the location, facilities, hospitality and arrangements too.From the airport toall the places visited and back this was a memorable trip and a dream destination for all participants based on their feedback.It was another successful event hosted and facilitated by PMI Colombo Chapter. Mr. Hugo Wisidagama.
President/CEO- PMI colombo chapter