NEW DELHI, Aug 22, (AFP) - India will keep providing evidence to Pakistan on last year's bloody attacks in Mumbai, a day after handing over fresh information on the siege, a report said Saturday. “We are in continuous touch with the government of Pakistan,” the Press Trust of India quoted Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna as saying.
“As and when we collect more evidence we will keep sending it across to Pakistan.”
Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao on Friday gave Pakistan's High Commissioner (ambassador) Shahid Malik in New Delhi details on the attack including “input on some of the key aspects and accused involved”, PTI said.
India says it has so far provided four dossiers to Islamabad containing information relating to suspects and the logistics of the attacks which killed 166 people.
New Delhi has accused Pakistani “official agencies” of abetting the 60-hour assault by 10 militant gunmen on India's financial capital, a charge rejected by Islamabad.
The lone surviving gunman has told a Mumbai court that he and the others who attacked a railway station, two hotels and a Jewish centre were Pakistani nationals and came to the Indian city undetected by sea.
India says they were members of the Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba.
Last week Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said that militants in Pakistan were plotting new attacks on India, prompting Islamabad to respond with a request that New Delhi share any information on such reports.
Pakistan's foreign ministry also assured its “fullest cooperation to pre-empt any act of terror”.
Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani pledged to do everything in his power to bring those behind the attack to justice following a meeting with Singh in Egypt in July.