Gateway Graduate School has commenced the exciting new teaching course designed to offer a recognized qualification to all teachers and to improve the standards of teaching throughout Sri Lanka, particularly in international schools. The first intake began training in June 2011 and the second intake commenced in September 2011. David Davies, Edexcel’s Head of Stakeholder Relations, stated that the new course will not only benefit those who are already teaching but also anyone who wishes to make teaching their career. The course will be taught by well-qualified and experienced educators, led by Michael Dobson, the Head of the Graduate School.
- The Diploma will consist of eleven modules:
- Principles of Teaching and Learning
- Soft Skills for Teachers
- Deliver Practical Teaching and Learning
- Support and advise learners
- Develop assessment practice
- Manage review and evaluation
- Design learning programmes
- Develop creative approaches to learning
- Develop resources to support learning
- Use ICT to support learning
- Promote independent learning
The course will be delivered at Gateway Graduate School in Rajagiriya on Saturdays from 9.00 am to 4.30 pm, although there may be some days extra during the holidays.
Details of Gateway Graduate School can be obtained from the Registrar by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0772256356, 2888858 or 2877277.