Mannar attack: AG says no decision yet
No decision has been taken regarding any action against the suspects involved in making threatening calls to the Mannar Magistrate, Attorney General Palitha Fernando said.He said a report on this was handed over to the Attorney General’s Department by the CID which sought further instructions.
According to legal sources, the Magistrate has ordered the CID to arrest the suspects involved in the attack. But so far no arrests have been made. Police Media Spokesman Ajith Rohana said a two-pronged investigation was being carried out into the alleged threat to the magistrate and the attack on the Mannar Court complex.
The CID concluded investigations on the alleged threatening telephone calls to the Mannar Magistrate A. Judeson on July 18. However, the CID was still investigating the attack on the court house, he said.The spokesman said the Mannar Magistrate had issued summons on 26 people who were allegedly involved in the court attack to appear in the court on Tuesday.
Mannar lawyers are still staying away from courts since the attack on July 18, insisting that action be taken against those who threatened the magistrate and attacked the courts.
comments powered by Disqus