University of Ballarat (UB) is Australia’s only regional multi-sector university. Ours is the third oldest site of higher learning in Australia, and offer secondary schooling, technical and further education (TAFE), higher education, and research opportunities.
UB has around 25,000 international and domestic students. It offers the best of both worlds: combining a strong tradition of 141 years of tertiary education with the freedom and dynamism that comes with being a multi-sector University with close links to International industry and technology.
- 3rd Oldest University in Australia
- 5 Stars in Teaching Quality for Three Consecutive Years 2010-12 and now extended to Sri Lanka
- Qualifications recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in Sri Lanka
- Advisory Board supervised by Mr. Rohantha Athukorala as Chairman
- Directly moderated campus of University of Ballarat
- Student registered directly by University of Ballarat
- Degrees directly awarded by University of Ballarat
- Course modules developed with IBM Australia for the BIT Programme
- Degrees recognized by Professional Bodies in Australia
- Direct exemptions to the Masters Programme in Australia
- For the 1st time in Sri Lanka, University of Ballarat Australia has introduced the option for students to study towards an Australian Top-Up Degree right here in Sri Lanka @ University of Ballarat Colombo City Campus. Students can fast-track their careers with quality education by studying for UB Top-Up Degrees at a fraction of the cost.
The key feature of following the Top-Up Degree Programme offered by University of Ballarat Australia is that it is more practical-oriented as the course modules have been designed with the help of Industry Experts and therefore the students will be studying up-to-date course literature that is more aligned towards current organization needs. Hence, following a Degree at UB Australia would increase the students’ employability.
The three main Top-Up Degree Programmes on offer from the University of Ballarat Australia are:
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
Students studying @ University of Ballarat Colombo City Campus will be enrolled as Direct Students of University of Ballarat Australia from Day One. All the course materials are directly delivered by University of Ballarat Australia. Furthermore, by being a Direct Student of UB Australia, the student will have the option of transferring to UB Australia at any given time during the course of study.
Sri Lankan students will have the advantage of completing the entire Final Year right here in Sri Lanka at 1/5th of the cost of studying in Australia.
University of Ballarat Australia will be offering a limited number of scholarships for deserving students in the Top-Up Degree Programme for the March 2012 Intake.
Please apply immediately.
For more details on the Top-Up Degree Programmes on offer by University of Ballarat Colombo City Campus, please feel free to visit or contact us.