The University of Southampton, one of the founder members of the UK's respected Russell Group of leading universities, is to open a new campus in Malaysia next year.
The University has signed an agreement to establish a branch campus in the Iskandar region of Malaysia. Scheduled to open in 2012, the University of Southampton Malaysia Campus will initially offer undergraduate courses in engineering.
For the past two years Southampton has been ranked the number one university in the UK for its courses in both Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering by the Guardian newspaper's University Guide.
The new campus will be located within the EduCity development in the Iskandar region. Courses will be taught in Malaysia for the first two years of the programme, with a seamless transition to Southampton's UK campus for the last two years. To find out more about the courses email firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate scholarships in Mathematics
The University is offering two undergraduate mathematics scholarships comprising the full value of tuition fees for the normal duration of study. These scholarships will be awarded to two academically outstanding full-time international students who have firmly accepted a place at the UK campus before the closing date of 1 August 2012.
Courses open to the scholarships include:
- MMath Mathematics (4 years)
- BSc Mathematics (3 years)
- BSc Mathematics with Actuarial Science (3 years)
- BSc Mathematics with Astronomy (3 years)
- BSc Mathematics with Biology (3 years)
- BSc Mathematics with Computer Science (3 years)
- BSc Mathematics with Economics (3 years)
- BSc Mathematics with Finance (3 years)
- BSc Mathematics with Management Sciences (3 years)
- BSc Mathematics with Music (3 years)
- BSc Mathematics with Physics (3 years)
- BSc Mathematics with Statistics (3 years)
- BSc MORSE (Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics) (3 years)
To find out more about the scholarships email email@example.com.
Southampton maths alumnus rises to top CEO position at insurance company Friends Provident: Congratulations to University of Southampton Mathematics with Actuarial Studies graduate Andy Briggs.
Having headed up Prudential and Scottish Widows, Andy has recently been appointed Chief Executive at Friends Provident, soon to be renamed Friends Life. When studying, Andy was a keen volleyball player,playing the sport at national level. He also excelled in his studies,gaining a first-class degree.