Founded in 1910 The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia's premier learning and research institutions. Internationally renowned for its highly awarded teaching staff, world-class facilities and superior campus environment, 43,700 students, including 10,465 international students from over 130 countries, choose to study at UQ.
UQ is ranked in the top 1% of all universities by all major world university ranking systems. With over 350 programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, UQ offers the most comprehensive range of high-quality university programmes in Queensland. Students can choose to study at a number of levels, including graduate certificates, masters programmes or higher degree research programmes, to obtain new qualifications, or build expertise in specific areas. ?
To ensure teaching excellence, The University adopts flexible learning as part of its overall strategy, delivering an enhanced, student-centred approach to education.
Our teachers have a 100 per cent success rate in the Carrick Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning, which recognise teaching excellence in higher education.
UQ prides itself on its outstanding research funding and industry collaboration, which has led to internationally acclaimed breakthroughs in space Scramjet research, as well as cervical cancer and dengue fever prevention. UQ is above world standard in more fields of research than any other Australian university, according to the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) survey 2010.
Why choose The University of Queensland?:
- Top 50 worldwide wide - QS World University Rankings 2010
- Top 1% worldwide - Times Higher Education University Rankings 2011
- Above world standard in more fields of research than any other Australian university- Excellence in
Research for Australia (ERA) survey 2010
- Placed 6th in the Asia Pacific and 88th worldwide in the 2011 Shanghai Jiao Tong University Academic Ranking of World Universities
nMaximum five-star rating for student demand, research grants and research intensity - The Australian Good Universities Guide 2011
- Top international academic institution outside the United States-Science Magazine's Best Places to Work in Academia 2010 survey
- Founding member of the national Group of Eight, an alliance of research-strong "sandstone" universities committed to ensuring that Australia has higher education institutions, which are genuinely world class
- Member of the global Universitas 21, an alliance that enhances the quality of university outcomes through international benchmarking
Find out more about your study options at UQ - meet visiting UQ representative at Edlocate (Pvt) Ltd on 13th September. Call Edlocate for an appointment. Tel 4724735/4740126