Junior Chamber International Sri Lanka (JCISL) calls nominations for Ten Outstanding Young Persons of Sri Lanka (TOYP), the prestigious award which has been given by JCISL for the 26th consecutive year to recognize ten outstanding young persons in Sri Lanka.
This year TOYP is planned to be held on a grand scale with the support of HSBC. Any organization or individual can nominate individuals who made a valuable contribution to the society under the following categories.
- Business, Economic and /or entrepreneurial accomplishment.
- Political legal and /or Public Administration.
- Academic leadership and /or accomplishment.
- Contribution to arts, culture, literature and/or media.
- Moral and/or environment leadership.
- Contribution to children, world peace and/or Human rights.
- Humanitarian and /or voluntary service.
- Scientific and /or Technological development.
- Medical innovation/or Research.
- Personal Improvement /or accomplishment.
To be selected as a TOYP honoree is an arduous process, and the submitted nomination forms will be screened by a panel of high profile judges in the presence of auditors appointed for this purpose.
The criteria for selection will be based on noteworthy achievements which have inspired others with a record of adherence to the principles embodied in the Jaycees Creed.
The Nomination form can be obtained from www.jcisl.or or you may contact Irshad on 077-8895299 or via email:firstname.lastname@example.org. This year the award ceremony is scheduled to be held on October 6 at Water's Edge. - Sheriefdeen M. Irshad