Based in Brisbane, Australia, QUT is a highly successful Australian university with an excellent graduate employment rate, global industry connections and a world-class record in applied research. QUT has close ties with government, industry and professional associations, ensuring our courses are relevant to the real world.
Some of the evidence for QUT's strong reputation includes:
- The University is ranked in the top 250 universities in the 2009 Times Higher Education Supplement-QS World University Rankings.
- In 2008 and 2009 QUT won more awards for teaching excellence than any other Australian university at the Australian Learning and Teaching Council awards, the nation's top higher education teaching benchmark.
- QUT's research performance ranks in the Top 10 of all Australian universities (2009 SCI-mago rankings of Australian universities).
- QUT's Faculty of Business was the first business school in Australia to achieve all three leading international accreditation symbols of excellence (AACSB, EQUIS and the Association of MBAs).
- QUT has a population of 40 000 students, including almost 6800 international students from more than 90 countries.
Flexible study options
With more than 650 undergraduate and postgraduate options, QUT courses can be tailored to your specific educational needs. Choose from a large range of programmes inbuilt, Environment and Engineering, Business, Creative Industries, Education, Health, Human Services, Law and Justice, and Science and Technology.
QUT International College, an integral part of QUT, also provides a range of English language and academic pathway programmes to assist international students to meet the entry requirements for QUT Degree programmes.
Excellence in research
QUT research is characterized by high-impact outcomes and an increasing number of high quality international linkages. QUT has long-standing research links with a number of leading international public and private sector organizations including SAP, Boeing, Microsoft, Shell, and the World Health Organisation. With more than 100 current collaborative research projects presently being undertaken in more than 50 countries, QUT has a strong track record in providing practical research solutions globally.
In addition QUT's planned AUD$200 million Science and Technology Precinct at the Gardens Point campus will bring together teaching and research in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in a world-leading model. The Precinct is due for completion in 2012 and will produce multiple research and graduate outcomes in key areas such as climate change, infrastructure and food, water and energy security.
Leading student support and career services
QUT's International Student Services (ISS) provides support services including academic and personal counselling, accommodation and employment assistance, university orientation, airport reception, language and learning advice, as well as trips and activities.
QUT Careers and Employment provides free career planning and employment assistance to international undergraduate and postgraduate students. Services include a dedicated international careers counsellor, employer presentations, InternationalWork Placement and Career Mentor Schemes.
Study in Brisbane
Brisbane is one of Australia's most affordable and energetic cities, renowned for its sub-tropical climate and year-round outdoors lifestyle. From Brisbane you can explore stunning national parks and the world-famous beaches of the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast are only an hour away.
For more information:
CRICOS CODE: 00213J
Source: David Samuel / Business Development Manager
Australian Trade Commission-Colombo, Sri Lanka